Sign in or
Sean Connery Quotes
- "I am not an Englishman, I was never an Englishman, and I don't ever want to be one. I am a Scotsman! I was a Scotsman and I will always be one."
- "I care about Bond and what happens to him. You cannot be connected with a character for this long and not have an interest. All the Bond films had their good points."
- "I did smoke pot a few times but nothing else. I would never inject. I'm too fond of the drink. I can go two weeks or more without it, but then I'm quite enthusiastic to get back to the taste again."
- "I don't think there is anything particularly wrong in hitting a woman, though I don't recommend you do it the same way that you hit a man."
- "I don't understand if you get caught in a fight, but take it out on a room, how that implies some psychiatric disorder."
- "I have always hated that damn James Bond. I'd like to kill him."
- "I have no shortage of material or offers, it's just a case of what you select to do. But I think it's realistic that my chances of playing Romeo are now over."
- "I haven't found anywhere in the world where I want to be all the time. The best of my life is the moving. I look forward to going."
- "I just think the most difficult thing to displace is privilege."
- "I left Scotland when I was 16 because I had no qualifications for anything but to join the Navy, having left school at 13."
- "I like women. I don't understand them, but I like them."
- "I met my wife through playing golf. She is French and couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak French, so there was little chance of us getting involved in any boring conversations - that's why we got married really quickly."
- "I never trashed a hotel room or did drugs."
- "I unfortunately don't speak French, but my wife is now fluent in English, which really reflects rather badly on me."
- "If America had been discovered as many times as I have, no one would remember Columbus."
- "It's a kind of madness in cosmopolitan cities now."
- "Laughter kills fear, and without fear there can be no faith. For without fear of the devil there is no need for God."
- "Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit that it makes the ride worthwhile."
- "More than anything else, I'd like to be an old man with a good face, like Hitchcock or Picasso."
- "Only 4 percent of all the companies owned in Scotland have their head offices in Scotland."
- "Perhaps I'm not a good actor, but I would be even worse at doing anything else."
- "The Irish seem to have more fire about them than the Scots."
- "There are women who take it to the wire. That's what they are looking for, the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack."
- "There is nothing like a challenge to bring out the best in man."
- "There's a lot of fantasy about what Scotland is, and the shortbread tins and that sort of thing."
- "There's one major difference between James Bond and me! He is able to sort out problems!"
- "There's something fundamentally wrong with a system where there's been 17 years of a Tory Government and the people of Scotland have voted Socialist for 17 years. That hardly seems democratic."
- "To cultivate an English accent is already a departure away from what you are."
- "When you hear someone from the very north of Scotland speaking, I think its nice, very musical and harmonious."
- "You know, the Oscar I was awarded for The Untouchables is a wonderful thing, but I can honestly say that I'd rather have won the US Open Golf Tournament."
- "Your background and environment is with you for life. No question about that."
Latest page update: made by LC41
, Nov 19 2007, 8:18 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by LC41
1 image added
1 image deleted
- complete history)
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.